Behavioral Based Interviewing
Behavioral based interviewing is built upon the premise that past behavior predicts future behavior. When competencies for job success have been identified, an interview guide – using focused behavioral questions is built to assess those competencies.
An interviewer who understands the power of this process and how to conduct this type of interview, will achieve a much greater success rate in hiring the right people.
Additionally, this tool and process minimizes the chances of illegal or unethical practices in hiring and selection.
Why should you attend:
Being able to accurately evaluate candidates is a skill every leader should have. Developing the skill of behavioral based interviewing will equip you and your organization to make the right hiring decisions quicker, with more certainty and ultimately, give you much better results. It’s always more than a gut feeling!
Areas Covered in the Session:
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to
Who Will Benefit:
- Explain how civil rights legislation impacts hiring and selection.
- Identify and explain key steps in a selection process.
- Understand the value of job descriptions and how they guide selection.
- Develop behavioural based questions in order to evaluate job candidate's skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Conduct and document a legal and ethical interview.
- Select the best candidate and be able to defend the decision
- HR Professionals
- Other professional people who have any input into the hiring or selection of people will find this Webinar to be very valuable.
- If you use interviewing teams, or intend to, this webinar will help your teams to be more effective as well.