OCR has suspended imposition of penalties for 'good faith' HIPAA Telehealth violations during the national COVID-19 Emergency if Health Care Providers meet certain specific conditions.
You must know those conditions and follow them exactly.
HIPAA compliance is not suspended or waived during the COVID-19 emergency and OCR issued special guidance to clarify HIPAA compliance requirements in effect during the emergency.
This webinar explains OCR's guidance about the temporary relaxation of Telehealth HIPAA enforcement and best practices for compliance. It also highlights the Telehealth HIPAA violations that are not covered by OCR's temporary relaxation and easy to make - especially when so many patients and providers are using Telehealth for the first time.
The webinar includes lessons learned during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Why you should Attend:
You should attend this webinar to learn how to take advantage of new, temporary OCR guidance in order to provide Telehealth services to the largest possible number of patients.
And you should attend to learn the limits of OCR's temporary Telehealth policy and avoid overstepping those limits to commit HIPAA violations that endanger your organization.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- The specific details of OCR's temporary suspension of penalties for 'good faith' HIPAA violations related to Telehealth
- What OCR's temporary suspension actually means
- How to comply with the conditions OCR set for temporary suspension of enforcement of Telehealth related HIPAA violations
- Telehealth related HIPAA compliance that is enforced and easy to overlook
- Compliance with HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule requirements that are in full force and continue to be enforced
- HIPAA violations observed during the COVID-19 outbreak that may trigger government enforcement investigations or private lawsuits
Who Will Benefit:
Health Care Covered Entities
- Health Care Providers
- Health Care Practices of all types and sizes
- Physical, Occupational and Behavioral Therapists
- Health Plans
- Group Health Plan Administrators
- Third Party Group Health Plan Administrators
- Health Plan Administrators
- Executive Management - all Covered Entities
- Compliance Committee - Covered Entity Board of Trustees
- Practice Managers - Covered Entities
- Attorneys for Covered Entities - In-house and Outside Counsel
- Chief Compliance Officer - all Covered Entities
- HIPAA Compliance Officials - Privacy and Security
- Patient Engagement and Marketing Specialists
- Patient Outreach Coordinators
- Risk Managers
- Covered Entity Owners and Senior Management
- Compliance Committee - Physician, Practitioner-owned Covered Entities
Vendors and Business Associates
- Billing companies
- Collection Agencies
- Practice Management Companies
- Health Care Marketing Consultants
- Health Care Compliance Consultants
- Attorneys for Business Associates - In-house and Outside Counsel