Practical Workplace Coaching
What does a coach do? It looks different in the office vs. on the football field vs. the baseball diamond vs. the tennis court vs. the shop floor. However, ultimately, coaches all do the same thing. Coaches develop existing skills, add new skills, help identify and eliminate restricting habits, encourage, reward and recognize.
It's about bringing out the best in people that they will achieve their best. Ultimately, the team wins and the organization moves closer to fulfilling their potential. Great coaching is a combination of good management and good leadership skills. You become a great coach through your great people!
Why should you attend: If you lead people, your success is directly linked to the success of the people you coach. Learning what and how to coach and help people to be their best is at the core of your role. This webinar will help you to help them - win/win. You will learn some basic coaching techniques and principles as well as some assessment tools that will help you in your coaching.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Explain the basics of coaching
- Apply a "customer focused" systematic process to coaching
- Learn and apply management and leadership skills
- Understand and utilize trust basics
- Use some simple assessment tools to enhance the coaching process
- HR Professionals
- Other Professional People who Lead Others