Surviving a Security Audit: Utilizing the OCR Protocols to conduct a Mock Survey
In this presentation we will discuss the objectives of the HIPAA/HITECH Security Audit, How to accomplish this Audit, How to report within the organization, the fines and penalties that could occur, what steps you can take to document your compliance and the roles and responsibilities within your organization.
Why should you attend: Organizations must be prepared to meet the HIPAA Requirements. OCR has issued fines and organizations have agreed to comprehensive corrective action plan to correct deficiencies discovered through an audit process. These fines have been in the millions of dollars, organizations have faced damage to their reputations and the organizations have to implement corrective action plans.
Fortunately OCR has provided the protocol that utilized to evaluate organizations in the past. This Webinar will show you where to find the protocol and more importantly how to use this protocol to assess your own organization for HIPAA compliance.
HIPAA requires an evaluation of your policies and procedures use the tool they would use to evaluate you. By identifying your Gaps, an organization can create plans based on risks to minimize the impact of an Audit. Prepare today as if you are going to be audited tomorrow.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Objectives of the HIPAA Audit
- Steps to Compliance
- Administrative, Technical and Physical Safeguards overview
- HIPAA Evaluation
- Compliance Monitoring (Not a one time event)
- What to learn from previous Reviews
- What documents you may need to produce
- The fines and Penalties that have been assessed to other organizations
- A review of a sample corrective action plan
- Roles and responsibilities within your organization
- The Three words to surviving an audit: Document, Document and Document.
- Information Security Officers
- Compliance Officers
- Chief Information Officers
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the objectives of the HIPAA/HITECH Security Audit, how to report within the organization and the fines and penalties that could occur.